We are searching for a person to fill a NEW position – our Louisville Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator.
The primary job of the Louisville Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator is to help Lucy in the daily operations of the Louisville studio.
This is an entry-level position.
Hours: 10 hours a week. We will work out the schedule with the successful candidate, but hours will be on weekdays, between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Benefits: Paid sick time and holidays
- Strong organizational skills, highly motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; able to work well without much supervision.
- Must be able to work with staff and a large pool of volunteers in daily activities.
- Able to learn recording system well enough to teach it to new volunteers.
- Able to pass a reading audition.
- Able to empathize with blind & print-disabled persons who need help to access printed materials.
- Be familiar with what the volunteers do, and direct them accordingly
- Audition readers
- Train and supervise new volunteers on equipment, protocols, and how to read
- Liaise with Lexington staff on assignment and placement of volunteers
- Organize substitute volunteers
- Keep reading material for volunteers
- Fill in for missing readers during the week
- Check that Louisville signal is up
- Keep the Louisville iPhone, and answer it.
- Receive visitors and deal with inquiries.
- Arrange hand-delivery of radios to new listeners in Louisville.
- Distribute any mail that comes to the Louisville studio to Lexington staff
- Let Studio Manager and/or Executive Director know what supplies are needed
- Report problems with lighting, heating and a/c, etc. to VIPS
- Remotely attend outreach and expansion meetings, as availability allows
- Research outreach events, for Studio Manager to attend
Email resumes and cover letters to Amy Hatter or Lucy Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.