The position is based at Radio Eye, a non-profit radio reading service for blind and disabled individuals headquartered in Lexington, KY. This is a one-year service opportunity through AmeriCorps VISTA, and travel expenses are reimbursed at the federal rate.
The work site is flexible (either in the Lexington office or in Eastern Kentucky), and will have with frequent travel to and within Eastern Kentucky. The counties the Program Manager will be working in are Clay, Perry, Pike, Rowan, and their surrounding counties.
Hours: 35 hours a week
- Build a relationship with press contacts
- Plan and host a small fundraiser in Eastern Kentucky
- Solicit in-kind donations
- New donor prospecting
- Research and contact organizations that serve the visually impaired and/or print disabled community
- Attend outreach events such as health fairs, and give talks on Radio Eye at meetings of community organizations
- Strong organizational skills, highly motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-starter; able to work well without much supervision.
- Must be able to work with staff and a large pool of volunteers in daily activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (especially Word)
- Able to learn donor database software
- Able to empathize with blind & print-disabled persons who need help to access printed materials.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Annual stipend of $12,331
- Segal Education Award of $5,920
- Relocation Allowance (must be relocating over 50 miles and be approved)
E-MAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: Amy Hatter at email@example.com